Sunday, March 21, 2010

Already Worried...


Aram out with a sore 'something'..already. I hate to say I told you so, especially due to the fact that I haven't posted anything in almost 3 years, but regardless, Hendry should NOT have so callously gotten rid of Jake Fox. A power hitter that can sub at 3rd, 1st AND CATCHER!!! In exchange we get a seldom-heard-of reliever in the form of Jeff Gray and then invite Kevin Millar and Chad Tracy to camp: Two guys past their primes with pretty much the same pros/cons as Fox had, plus (in Millar's case) an extra 10 or so years. I've actually always liked Millar and hope they keep him, but Aram's soreness could force the Cubs' hand to keep Tracy or Baker due to their 3B experience.... Not to sully Millar's prowess at 3B. He DID play 4 games at 3rd for the Jays last year.

I absolutely love Aram when he's on the field, but it appears that its getting exceedingly difficult to keep him there, and with Lee not getting any younger, Fox was an asset that should have been kept until at least the end of camp this year. Now there's indecision in the infield, AND in the bullpen due to Gray's 'I slipped on the pitcher's mound' injury. (never a good sign for a pitcher I might add).

Hope to be posting more, but for now, here's to Aram being cured by opening day, or we might lose another season before it gets started.

No comments:

Post a Comment